:: Section 8
Now you can try to design a cyclone using the following web calculator
- First, you need to select one of the standard cyclones.
- Next, you'll need to provide the feed conditions (i.e. particle size
distribution and loading).
- You then have the freedom to choose the operating conditions (e.g.
cyclone body diameter, flow rate).
- Check the resulting collection efficiency, pressure drop and operating
cost. Also take a close look at the impact of these operating conditions
on the particle size distribution.
- Examine how you can improve the collection efficiency and how much
it will cost you. Of course, you should always go to the design equation
(Section 7) to see what the important parameters